Always Aim High Events Ltd
We believe that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner. We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance. It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to
- Support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes.
- Operate and maintain our vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to the high standards it requires.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy regularly in consultation with staff, associates and customers.
Specific Actions we take to achieve this:
- We are trialing going cupless on all trail running races, triathlons and sportives for 2020. We will be encouraging people to use re-usable cups and at trail races this will form part of the giveaways at the event.
- At road running races we will be encouraging people to bring their own re-useable cups and we will be setting up feed-stations in such a way to make this possible whilst.
- We use refillable water barrels at our feedstations rather than single use plastic bottles from which your own bottle, cup or bladder can be refilled.
- We encourage participants to car share or use public transport where possible. We provide information on our website of public transport options.
- We do not give out plastic bags with the race goodies.
- We are reducing the amount of printed promotional race material such as leaflets. We will not flyer events and ask other event organisers not to flyer ours. We are happy to work together with other race organisers to produce reciprocal electronic flyers.
- Going forwards in 2020 and beyond we are going to be offering people the option of having a tree planted instead of getting a finishers T-shirt at races where these form part of the giveaway. This is our Tees for Trees campaign.
- Since 2013 we have had an incredibly strict littering policy on all our events. If someone is caught littering the are disqualified from the event. We have actioned this on numerous occasions.
- We will be going Carbon Neutral in 2020 and beyond.
- We work with contractors to ensure all waste is removed and recycled responsibly following an event.
- Discarded clothing will be donated to charity unless claimed within 1 month of the event.
- We work with our vendors and partners to ensure biodegradable packaging is used where possible.
- We share our pre-event information electronically rather than printed for the majority of our events. Where we provide printed final instructions it is part of the running bib so reducing the need for additional paper and incorporating the instructions into a portion of race bib already manufactured.
- We engage with our sponsors and partners so they understand the importance we put on being environmental guardians to try to aline our values.
- Our offices are powered using solar panels.
- Where possible, our event signage and branding is not dated and is reusable
- We have eliminated Toggles from our transition and finish line areas by using re-usable toggles to attach event branding.
- We always prioritise local suppliers and contractors to provide all aspects of our event experience and delivery.
- Leftover food from feedstations and the finish line area is donated to those in need.