***COVID-19 Update - In light of the ongoing health crisis in the UK and globally, we have issued a statement here***
The Snowman is regularly called the toughest multi terrain triathlon and Duathlon in the UK. The second instalment of the Adventure Championships, the Snowman Triathlon and Duathlon are the ultimate challenge and not for the faint hearted.
Starting from the scenic grounds of Plas y Brenin; The National Mountain Centre, The Snowman journeys from the waters of Llyn Mymbyr under the watchful eye of Snowdon to the spectacular scenery and hill climbs of Snowdonia’s mountain passes and is completed with a famously tough final stage mountain run to the summit of Moel Siabod before descending back down to Capel Curing.
The Snowman encompasses all that is the adventure playground of North Wales offers and is infamous for a reason - just when you think you’re done there is a different challenge you’re not expecting. Exciting, adrenaline fuelled and a truly epic and unforgettable experience completing The Snowman is a tick that every triathlete or Duathlete wants.
The Snowman is delivered over two days with four distance options and team and individual categories. The Snowman weekend even features a sprint duathlon, children's aquathlon and open water swim race!
Read reviews here
- Access to the Event Village with food and drink, bar, shopping and toilets
- The world’s friendliest marshals
- Full route marking
- Water and feed stations on course
- Electronic chip timing
- Web results service
- Pick-up wagons
- Event photography
- Emergency support
- Bespoke medal for all finishers
- Live bilingual commentary
- A feast of food at the finish line
- Goody bag at registration
- Event t-shirts and hoodies that can be purchased at registration and collected on the day
- Bike Checks available in the Event Village (£5 per bike)
View the distances and routes here
Read the 2019 race report here
Enter the incredible Adventure Championships comprising the 2020 Slateman, Snowman and Sandman AND receive one entry half price!